Well Recipes: Dark Chocolate Matcha Almond Butter Cups
Like matcha and dark chocolate? You’re in for a treat! These Dark Chocolate Matcha Almond Butter Cups will satisfy your sweet tooth with health benefits to boot.
Why Dark Chocolate?
Dark chocolate is loaded with nutrients. Made from the seed of the cocoa tree, it’s a great source of antioxidants, as well as minerals such as iron, magnesium, and manganese.
Matcha is a finely ground green tea grown under special conditions that increase its caffeine and theanine. Well known for its ability to stimulate the mind without an energy crash, matcha is also packed with antioxidants.
With Organika’s Enhanced Collagen Vitality, you can enjoy all of matcha’s benefits with an added collagen boost! Enhanced Collagen provides the building block of this multitasking protein and can help improve skin elasticity, strengthen hair and nails, and relieve joint pain with continued use.
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. Organika Enhanced Collagen Vitality
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 10 oz dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- Line mini muffin pan with paper liners; set aside.
- Melt in a small saucepan on the stove over low heat. Stir until the chips have completely melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Scoop a ½ tablespoon of the melted chocolate into liners. Transfer pan to freezer and allow the chocolate to set for 5 minutes.
- While the bottom layer sets, make your filling: In a small bowl, microwave the almond butter for 15-20 seconds, until slightly melted.
- Stir in the collagen matcha powder and maple syrup in the filling. Mix well and set aside.
- Take the muffin pan out of the freezer. Using a ½ teaspoon, scoop a rounded ball of the filling and place on the solidified chocolate.
- Gently press the butter down with the back of the teaspoon. Cover with the melted chocolate (½ tablespoon). Repeat this step until the muffin pan is filled.
- Set the tray in the fridge for 1 hour until solid. Enjoy whenever you like!
Organika Health Products is a natural health company devoted to being your natural solution for a happier and healthier life. As a locally Canadian owned and operated company, Organika has been a global health ambassador for 28 years, with distribution in over 26 countries! And with over 450 different health products, you can count on us to innovate within the health industry and continue to improve the health of current generations, and generations to come!