31 Uses for Aloe
Aloe is a remarkable plant. It’s cool, clear gel contains over 200 active components including vitamins, minerals, amino acids, enzymes, polysaccharides, and fatty acids. Aloe has been used as a natural remedy for thousands of years; Cleopatra reportedly used it to reverse signs of ageing and wrinkles…and the list of its benefits and uses just gets better.
Topical – Aloe On Its Own
1. Treat very minor burns (aloe contains cooling properties similar to menthol).
2. Use as a body scrub: slice leaves lengthwise and use the inner sides as a biodegradable body scrubbers in the shower.
3. Apply to bruises to help them to heal faster.
4. Reduce damage from frostbite.
5. Alleviate rashes and allergic skin reactions, psoriasis and eczema.
6. Help heal herpes outbreaks.
7. Treat athlete’s foot.
8. Apply to blisters for quick relief and faster healing.
9. Use as a general moisturizer for dry skin. Aloe is fast absorbing!
10. Prevent pimples and treat acne by applying topically as a moisturizer or spot treatment, shaving with it or making a face mask from it.
11. Soothe symptoms of psoriasis.
12. Prevent scarring and stretch marks.
13. Treat rosacea by applying twice daily to affected areas.
14. Shrink warts: soak a small cotton ball in aloe for about a minute, then tape the cotton ball to your wart.
15. Reverse signs of aging skin and wrinkles.
16. Brighten skin; aloe can decrease pigmentation and dark spots.
17. Use in place of conditioner once a week for silkier, smoother hair.
18. Use in place of eye makeup remover.
19. Treat minor vaginal irritations.
20. Boil leaves in a pan of water and breathe in the vapor to alleviate asthma.
Topical Uses – Aloe Mixed with Other Ingredients
21. For intense burns and skin damage, mix with vitamin E oil and apply.
23. Exfoliate with a scrub of 2 tablespoons of aloe, 2 tablespoons of organic brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
25. Speed hair growth by massaging a mix of aloe and coconut oil into the scalp, let it sit for 30 minutes and rinse.
27. Strengthen gums and promote strong, healthy teeth by brushing with aloe mixed with baking soda or use a toothpaste with aloe in it.
Internal Uses — Drink Aloe Juice to:
28. Relieve indigestion, bloating and discomfort from heartburn.
29. Lower blood sugar levels—especially for diabetics.
30. Reduce cholesterol and triglycerides for a healthy heart.
31. Help ease anything from arthritis pain, stomach ulcers, colitis and haemorrhoids, to urinary tract infections, prostate problems and vaginal infections/irritations.