Ultimate Buying Guide For Gear To Get You On-The-Go
Littles of all ages benefit from fresh air and vitamin D, and it isn’t just great for baby: mom and dad benefit from them as well. Also, pushing a stroller, pulling a wagon or wearing your babe while walking is excellent exercise, and provides an opportunity to reconnect with the world. Having the perfect stroller, a well-stocked diaper bag and somewhere to tote snacks and drinks will make daily trips to the park, the store, and around the neighbourhood a breeze.
- Baby carrier: The Ergobaby Omni 360 Cool Air carrier has straps that tie around the waist and shoulders. It offers front, hip, and back carrying options, and is easy for multiple caregivers to use. Secure, convenient, and easy-to-use, it even includes a detachable storage pouch!
- Stroller: Keep in mind that heading out doesn’t need to be done in a massive, space consuming stroller. The Milkbe Lullaby Self-Stopping Stroller is definitely going to keep you and your little one on-the-go. With it’s beautiful yet functional design and self stopping feature (yes really!) it’s the ultimate stroller for keeping baby safe on-the-go. But if you’re looking for something more agile (maybe for a daytime hike?) you’ll love the BOB Revolution Flex 3.0 stroller. With mountain-bike style suspension and an ultra-padded compression seat, your little one will be comfortable no matter where your adventure takes you!
- Chariot: Is a chariot more your style? With the feel, functionality and safety of a premium stroller and the fun of a chariot, the Thule Chariot Lite Double is perfect for taking your little one on-the-go, whether you’re biking, jogging, strolling, or skiing!
- Snack- & drink-holders: Snacks and sips on the road are a necessity. Keep bottles warm or cold and snacks chilled for with the insulated beverage and essentials caddy that easily stretches to hold bottles and coffee cups securely, while providing easy access to your most important items. This one also includes a detachable wristlet for errands and a headphone port for hands-free calls.
- Outdoor blanket: Wherever you roam, JJ Cole Outdoor Blanket is ready for the beach, park or yard. Once you reach your destination, it unfolds into a spacious 5′ x 5′ water-resistant blanket, keeping everyone clean and dry!
- High Chair: Make feeding time easier with a portable high chair from One2Stay! Offering security and convenience for your family, this chair is compact and lightweight, only weighing 5.5 pounds!
- Playard: Having a playard means you can travel near and far with a safe, comfy spot for baby to sleep. Take it as close as your living room or on a trip overseas and your wee one will sleep like a…well, a baby in it. With the 4Mom’s clever design, there’s no worry about setting up or putting away this playard. It easily pops open into a soft, sturdy dreamland, and then refolds with just one hand for a quick getaway or pack-up.
- Tent: If a playard isn’t your thing, consider the portable Veer Bascamp Tent! Designed to provide a safe and shady space for children, this high performance tent requires no assembly!
- Diapering on-the-go: And of course, diaper changes happen at the least opportune moment so always make sure that no matter where you are, you have all the “bare bottom” necessities in your trusty diaper bag.
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: being a parent is a long road. These lists are just a jumping off point for you and our advice is just that, advice. We’re here to help and hope you find parenthood as amazing, crazy, rewarding and laughable as we do. Get out there and grab life by the horns (just don’t do it without a supply of baby wipes and snacks).