Ultimate Buying Guide For Gear To Get You On-The-Go
Littles of all ages benefit from fresh air and vitamin D, and it isn’t just great for baby: mom and dad benefit from them as well. Also, pushing a stroller, pulling a wagon or wearing your babe while walking is excellent exercise, and provides an opportunity to reconnect with the world. Having the perfect stroller, a well-stocked diaper bag and somewhere to tote snacks and drinks will make daily trips to the park, the store, and around the neighbourhood a breeze.
- Baby carrier: The result of a collaboration between two great brands is the Petunia Pickle Bottom x Moby Wrap carrier, which has straps that tie around the waist and shoulders. It offers front, hip, and back carrying options, and is easy for multiple caregivers to use. Secure, convenient, and easy-to-use, it’s has two fastening options, so parents and caregivers can choose between the double tie or buckle tie.
- Stroller: Keep in mind that heading out doesn’t need to be done in a massive, space consuming stroller. Once your little is ~6 months or older, the Volo by Maclaren is the perfect choice for active wee ones and parents on the move as it’s lightweight and easy to use, fold and carry.
- Wagon: Is a wagon more your style? With the feel, functionality and safety of a premium stroller and the fun of a rugged wagon, the Veer Cruiser will take you further and on terrain once thought of as off-limits for family adventures. They even make Car Seat Adaptors for major brands of infant car seats, meaning this wagon can adapt to your needs from the start through toddlerhood and beyond.
- Snack- & drink-holders: Snacks and sips on the road are a necessity. Keep two bottles warm or cold and snacks chilled for up to four hours with the insulated Skip Hop Grab n’ Go Double Bottle Bag. Or, grab the insulated beverage and essentials caddy—also from Skip Hop—that easily stretches to hold bottles and coffee cups securely, while providing easy access to your most important items. This one also includes a detachable wristlet for errands and a headphone port for hands-free calls.
- Outdoor blanket: Wherever you roam, Skip Hop Central Park Outdoor Blanket & Cooler Bag is ready for the beach, park or yard. Once you reach your destination, it unfolds into a spacious 5′ x 5′ water-resistant blanket, keeping everyone clean and dry. This versatile blanket also features an insulated cooler bag to chill snacks and drinks and has room for mom and dad’s essentials.
- Playard: Having a playard means you can travel near and far with a safe, comfy spot for baby to sleep. Take it as close as your living room or on a trip overseas and your wee one will sleep like a…well, a baby in it. With the Nuna SENA’s clever zigzag leg design, there’s no worry about setting up or putting away this playard. It easily pops open into a soft, sturdy dreamland, and then refolds with just one hand for a quick getaway or pack-up.
- Diapering on-the-go: And of course, diaper changes happen at the least opportune moment so always make sure that no matter where you are, you have all the “bare bottom” necessities in your trusty diaper bag.
We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again: being a parent is a long road. These lists are just a jumping off point for you and our advice is just that, advice. We’re here to help and hope you find parenthood as amazing, crazy, rewarding and laughable as we do. Get out there and grab life by the horns (just don’t do it without a supply of baby wipes and snacks).