Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe
What holiday baking session would be complete without a fresh batch of snickerdoodles? These crowd-pleasing cinnamon sugar cookies are as fun to say as they are to eat! Read on for the recipe.
Recipe adapted from Bob’s Red Mill
- 2-¾ cups Flour
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 cup Butter, slightly softened
- 1-½ cups Cane Sugar + ¼ cup, divided
- 2 Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp ground Cinnamon
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or by hand with a spoon, mix butter and 1-½ cups cane sugar until just combined.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, scraping down between each addition. Mix until combined.
- On low, add the flour mixture and mix until thorough combined.
- Scoop cookies, about 2 Tbsp each, onto prepared cookie sheets leaving about 1 inch between each. In a small bowl, combine remaining ¼ cup cane sugar and cinnamon. Roll the top of each cookie in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Chill cookies in the refrigerator for 60 minutes (optional but recommended).
- While the cookie dough chills, preheat the oven to 400°F. Bake cookies until light golden brown around the edges, about 8 – 10 minutes, rotating halfway through baking time.
What’s your favourite thing to bake during the holidays? Tell us in the comments!