Rebecca & Erin’s Back to School Checklist (feat. Danielle!)
Are you September-ready? We often get asked what parents actually need to pack their kids lunches. So here’s our checklist to help get you started.
1. Lunch Bag:
- Parkland Rodeo Lunch Kit: Lunch bags are the perfect place to start. With insulated and easy to clean compartments, Parkland’s lunch kit will be every mom’s favourite. We love that it fits our favourite bento boxes!
2. Bento Box/Lunch Container:
- Yumbox: Say goodbye to multiple baggies and containers with Yumbox. The 5 compartment lunch box is leak proof with an easy to open latch that’s great for kids of all ages. The removable insert provides guidance on what to pack for a well-rounded lunch.
- Monbento MB Tresor Lime: Give your kids endless lunch options with this adorable lunch box featuring a bottom container and extra storage on top. This is already a household fave for days when sandwiches are on the menu!
3. Snack Containers:
- LunchBots Rounds: We love these fun sized food containers perfect for packing little treats. The easy to twist off top is leak proof so you don’t have to worry about spills.
- Sugarbooger Good Lunch Small Snack Containers Hedgehog: We can’t get over the cute patterns these snack container sets come in. MIcrowave safe and lightweight, they are great to prep, store and pack any snack in.
- Goodbyn Snacks Container: Because baggies can get a little messy, this snack container is perfect for packing everything from pretzels to fruits, keeping your snacks fresh till lunchtime.
4. Snack Bags:
- Colibri Reusable Snack Bags: We have over 100 different varieties of snack bags at Well.ca, and Colibri has some of the cutest prints we’ve come across! These Canadian designed and made bags are large, reusable and multi-functional.
- Russbe Reusable Snack and Sandwich Bags: Save the trees and stop running through dozens of disposable snack bags with Russbe’s reusable snack bags. We love the fun and bright patterns they come in.
- Keep Leaf Baggies: Keep Leaf’s snack bags reinvents your regular snack bag with their unique cotton exteriors which come in fun patterns and waterproof lining that keeps snacks fresh.
5. Insulated Food Container:
- Zoli POW Dine: Keep the kids’ lunch piping hot until lunchtime with the Zoli insulated food container. This is great for packing up last night’s leftovers.
6. Water Bottle:
- S’ip by S’well: Perfect for keeping your drinks ice cold or steaming hot, the only problem you’ll have with these water bottles will be picking a favourite pattern.
- Kleen Kanteen: Klean Kanteen water bottles make it easy for your little ones to enjoy a cool drink after a hard day at the playground.
- Monbento MB Pocket Cutlery: Tired of disposable cutlery that snaps in two with one dip in your lunch? Try out Monbento’s portable and durable cutlery sets which come in the most fun colours.
Rebecca is a mom to three young children and a passionate online shopper – and Well.ca’s CEO. She loves shopping for green & natural products at Well.ca to keep her family well.
Erin is a mom to three young kids, and she’s also Well.ca’s superstar CMO! She loves running, travelling, and cooking.