How to Make the Perfect Matcha Latte | Learn it in 60 Seconds
Nothing beats a delicious matcha latte! Fortunately they’re easy to make, and perfect for a quick jitter-free caffeine fix. Watch the video learn how to make it in 60 seconds!
- Matcha Green Tea Powder – 1 1/2 TSP (we used Four Sigmatic Mushroom Matcha, but any type of high quality matcha will work)
- Hot Water – 1/4 CUP
- Heated Nut Milk – 1 CUP (we used Manitoba Harvest Hemp Milk, but any non-dairy milk alternative will work)
+ Your favourite mug to enjoy your matcha latte in! We used GROSCHE’s large glass mug so we could easily watch the matcha froth, but any tall mug will work. 18 to 20 ounce mugs are best, so that there’s plenty of extra room when you whisk the matcha in.
- WHISK matcha powder with the HOT WATER first. This ensures that all the powder will be mixed in consistently, instead of sinking to the bottom.
- WHISK/BLEND until FROTHY. The duration depends on which type of whisk you choose; if you are using a fork mix for 2-3 minutes, or 1-2 minutes if you use an electric whisk (as seen in the video) or a traditional bamboo whisk.
- ADD HEATED MILK of choice, we used Manitoba Harvest Hemp Milk because it froths up like dairy milk, and the taste is nice and neutral. Any non-dairy milk alternative will work, but ones with higher fat content will froth better.
- WHISK/BLEND for extra froth! You can also add honey or agave at this step, if you prefer sweetened lattes.