Try Baking This Delicious Banana Bread
Spending time in the kitchen with the people you love the most is an excellent past-time. Whether you’re an experienced baker or just a novice who likes their house to smell like chocolate or cinnamon, sharing the sweetness with someone else is amazing.
Here’s a favourite recipe from our Director of Marketing, Stephanie, and her son Graydon. Don’t forget to stock up on baking ingredients and baking supplies so you can indulge in some baking with your favourite helpers!
Stephanie and Graydon’s Banana Bread Recipe
My son Graydon is a fixture in the kitchen…and has started to help with the baking (rather than just helping with the eating!). Our favourite thing to bake together is Banana Bread; there’s something completely amazing about the smell of warm bananas. He is also a bit impatient, so he spends a lot of time peeking in the oven…but that’s okay. It’s nice to have the company in the kitchen.
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 8 tablespoons coconut oil, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 3 over-ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Butter or oil a standard loaf pan.
- Cream the sugar and coconut oil in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, mash the bananas with a fork. Mix in the milk and cinnamon. In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined. Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes. Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.