Oh Baby! A Sleep Coach Shows Us How To Create a Dreamy Family Bedroom
Oh Baby! is a monthly series where an expert shares the scoop on all you need to know for the littlest members in your family!
Even if baby has their own nursery, they’ll room in with you for the first few months so it’s important to baby proof your own room – Brandie, a family sleep coach, shows us how to start!
Unwind Before Bedtime
- Go tech-free
- Soothe with a rocker – we featured the Monte Design Joya Rocker
- Block out noise with white noise machine – we featured HoMedics SoundSpa Portable White Noise Machine
- Calm them with shushing sounds with Munchkin Shhh… Portable Sound Machine
- Illuminate with a warm glow and reduce allergens with a salt lamp – we featured Heartfelt Living Planet Pink Salt Lamp
- Monitor air temperature, humidity and air quality with the Gro-egg
- Control moisture levels with a cool mist humidifier, like the Crane Cool Mist Humidifier
- Elevate the bedroom environment with a diffuser and essential oils – we featured the Now Solutions Ultrasonic Real Bamboo Oil Diffuser – but note that not all essential oils are safe for baby or toddler. Brandie recommends lavender or chamomile
Time to Sleep
- If you have an UPPAbaby Vista stroller and bassinet, we recommend the UPPAbaby Bassinet Stand for easy transitions to the bedroom
- Be proactive about preparing for co-sleeping, even though it’s not recommended
Check out Brandie’s blog on Safe Sleep Tips here.
Having trouble getting baby into a sleep routine? Check out Brandie’s blog on the top 4 “sleep saboteurs” for you and your baby here.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]
Brandie Hadfield is the creator of “The DREAM Method” for healthy family sleep, and co-creator of the Infant Sleep Educator certification in partnership with bebo mia inc. She currently serves as president for Attachment Parenting Canada and is the proud mama of two.