Everything You Need to Know About Baby Loungers (& Why You’ll Love This One!)
While newborn babies are adorable and utterly amazing, those bundles of joy bring changes to life at home. One particular change many parents struggle with is having a comfy and safe rest area for baby—within easy reach and visibility—every time they move to a new room in the house, completing day-to-day tasks as they go. Laundry, bed making, working-from-home, cooking…all of these are done in different rooms, sometimes in completely different areas of the house. Repeating this process in each room means extra time and extra work.
The Snuggle Me Story
At Snuggle Me, we have the perfect solution to this problem and we think that once parents try it, they will never understand how they managed without it. The first baby lounger was created by Mia Carr, creator of the Snuggle Me brand in 2007. Mia struggled after the birth of her twins to balance the needs of both babies as well as her own. Her desire to be able hold both babies at the same time inspired the creation of a lounger that imitated the feeling of being held by a parent. It allows parents to put baby (or babies!) down and have use of both hands to do what they need to do, all while knowing that baby is safe and comfortable and within their field of vision. And we know that as a new parent, that is a luxury.
About Baby Loungers
Baby loungers are not intended nor approved for sleep, but they are perfect for lounging, tummy time or to function as a cozy changing station. Remember, it is important to always attend to baby and not use the lounger as you would a crib or bassinet.
These multifunctional loungers replace many of the bulky items traditionally available for baby. They are compact, portable and sophisticated in style. Their fast-growing popularity is a clear demonstration that it was a much needed new-parent item. The idea of the baby lounger was brilliant and well-timed and, because of this, there are many different ones available. As a manufacturer, we’d like to take a moment to talk openly about what you should look for, so you can make an educated decision for your family.
The most important features to look for in a baby lounger:
- Enclosure: Find a lounger that is fully enclosed so baby stays in place. It should be free from buckles, straps or ties so baby cannot become entangled.
- Fit: It’s very important that baby stays in place and does not roll over within the lounger. Find a lounger that fits baby tightly without gaps around their sides. This reduces the likelihood that they will be able to roll into it.
- Breathability: For an added layer of security, look for a lounger that uses air permeable fabrics. This will allow air to pass though so that perspiration can evaporate, helping baby regulate their body temperature.
- Quality: Find a lounger that meets the highest quality standards. Babies deserve the best, especially in items where they spend a lot of time.
- Ease of Cleaning: Loungers are used often and should be easy to clean and care for. Look for a lounger that is fully washable and easy to assemble.
- Compliant: With clear guidelines from Health Canada, it is important to choose a baby lounger brand that supports and advertises their products in compliance with Health Canada guidelines.
Why is the Snuggle Me Lounger So Unique?
Because of our lightweight design, we believe we have made the perfect lounger, rest spot, tummy time aid and travel mat for babies aged 0-6 months.
The Snuggle Me lounger has an unpadded center sling that causes the sides to pull in and hug baby when they lie on top, which is a unique, patented feature only found in the Snuggle Me—differentiating our lounger from others. It is not just a flat mat with padding but a weight-activated sensory lounger designed to snuggle and recreate baby’s feeling from when they were in the womb, helping to calm and soothe. This smart design also helps to prevent baby from rolling or turning within it. The Snuggle Me therefore easily separates itself from the other “baby nest” loungers based on design alone.
What really excites us (and we hope it excites you too!) is our emphasis on USA-made products manufactured in small batches by highly skilled women from organic, locally and ethically sourced materials. All of our organic loungers hold the Global Organic Textile Certificate (GOTS)—the worldwide textile processing standard for organic fibres, including ecological and social criteria, backed by independent certification of the entire textile supply chain—and are regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act (CPSIA), which currently holds the highest quality standards in the world.
As far as quality goes, we believe you will not find another lounger that beats a Snuggle Me. Sewn and inspected in Minnesota without flame retardants or other harmful chemicals, the lounger shell is made with 100% conventional (non-organic) cotton. It also comes with a removable cotton cover and a canvas zipper travel bag. It has been recommended and trusted by both parents and professionals for over 10 years.
Get your Snuggle Me now!
Snuggle Me has created patented sensory lounges for babies. They believe that creating a safe, healthy products for babies and the environment facilitates a healthy planet, as well as healthy, happy babies and, in doing so, will create a sustainable future for all life on earth!