Banana Blueberry Pancakes | Healthy Saturday Brunch Series – Week 1/4
This post kicks off my 4-part healthy brunch series – stay tuned for new recipe releases every Saturday for the month of January! Happy brunching!
Banana Blueberry Pancakes
If there is a breakfast to be loved, it is pancakes. I mean who doesn’t love a breakfast plate that is stacked with delicious soft, fluffy cakes that are healthy? Long gone are the Aunt Jemima days, now pancakes can be made wholesome, and even with gluten-free flours and other clean ingredients. The pancakes can be made any day, but they are especially tasty on a weekend morning topped with tons of fresh fruit, maple syrup, and almond butter!
Serves 4-6 (depending on how big they are) | Prep time: 10 min | Ready in 25 min | Stores for 1 day in fridge or 1 month in freezer
What’s In It?
- 2 cups sifted buckwheat flour or cassava flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups coconut milk
- 1-2 very ripe mashed bananas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen organic blueberries
How It’s Made!
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda and coconut sugar. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine apple cider vinegar and coconut milk. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. Add banana.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Beat the batter only until blended.
- Add blueberries
- Using a 1-ounce ladle, pour batter on to the griddle. Cook the cakes until bubbles in the batter break on the surface; flip and cook until browned.
- Top with cashew yogurt or coconut yogurt or coconut butter, maple syrup, and fresh or frozen berries
Simply said, Marni Wasserman’s life is rooted in healthy living. She is not only a nutritionist and chef, but also the co-host of The Ultimate Health Podcast and author of Fermenting for Dummies and Plant-Based Diet For Dummies. Marni uses passion and experience to educate individuals on how to adopt a realistic real food diet and a balanced wholesome lifestyle through simple strategies. Learn more at https://marniwasserman.com
Subscribe to her weekly show the @ultimatehealthpodcast. This is where Marni and Dr. Jesse do weekly shows with guest experts from all over the world. Their mission is to take your health to the next level. Listen today at http://ultimatehealthpodcast.com