5 Reasons to Drink More Tea
Comforting, cozy, and super soothing, tea is basically a hug in a mug. The coziness factor alone is reason enough to love tea, but it’s also got great benefits for health and mood. Here are our top 5 reasons to drink more tea.
- It’s loaded with health-boosting antioxidants. Green, black, oolong, and rooibos teas are all high in antioxidants, which have been shown to fight free radicals, decrease your risk of heart disease, and some studies suggest they may even reduce your risk of developing certain cancers.
- It’s a stress reliever. Whether you’re in the middle of a hectic work or school day, are having a spike of anxiety, or you just need to wind down at night before bed, you’re just a cup of caffeine-free rooibos or herbal tea away from a calmer mood.
- It’s way easier to brew than coffee. Coffee, we still love you! But the fact is, tea is just easier to make – all you need is tea, hot water, and a cup for the perfect cuppa.
- It helps you stay hydrated. We should be drinking anywhere from 1.5-2 litres of fluid a day to stay hydrated and healthy. The good news in, that can include tea – yes, even with caffeine! Because a cup of tea contains antioxidants AND water, some health professionals even believe that it may sometimes be even better than water alone.
- There’s a tea for everyone! Whether you like a green tea with refreshing citrus notes, or a spicy, cozy chai, or a delicious dessert tea, there are endless flavours of tea to suit every taste and every mood. Experiment to find the ones you love most.