11 Tips for Boosting Your Immune System
At Genestra, we’re all about using probiotics to boost your immune system. We especially love our HMF Immune Probiotic, but it’s not the only thing you can do to protect yourself. Check out our favourite immune health tips below to get energized and stay strong this cold and flu season!
- Wash Your Hands: One of the best ways to avoid a cold is by maintaining good hygiene, either by washing your hands or using sanitizing gel.
- Cover Your Mouth: Remember to cover your mouth with a tissue whenever you cough or sneeze. If you don’t have a tissue, cough into your elbow or upper sleeve.
- Stay Home: If you aren’t feeling well, the best place for you to rest and recover is at home. This helps everyone else stay healthy too!
- Hydrate: Drinking fluids is an excellent way to stay hydrated and flush your body of toxins. Try drinking warm tea or have a comforting bowl of soup.
- Eat Well: Eating a healthy, balanced diet provides the nutrients your immune system needs to function optimally. Make sure to incorporate a range of colourful fruits and veggies into your meals.
- Use Hand Wipes: Keep a pack of wipes in your bag and give commonly touched surfaces like door handles and grocery carts a quick wipe before you use them.
- Keep Active: While it may be easy to stay inside and relax on the couch, don’t forget to exercise regularly to support your overall health. We love core focused workouts, and HIIT routines!
- De-Stress: Make time to relax and minimize the effects of stress on your body. Try going for a walk, meditating, or listening to calming music.
- Get Some Rest: Not getting enough quality sleep can negatively affect your immune system. Always aim for seven to nine hours of sleep each night. If you’re struggling for tips, we’ve got you covered with our practical sleep tips!
- Clean Your Home: It’s important to clean surfaces and shared items in your home, especially desks, phones, and countertops.
- Don’t Touch Your face: Although it can be a difficult habit to break, avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth to keep germs out.
Staying healthy means practicing good health habits all year long. Make sure you get enough sleep, keep active, stay hydrated, and eat a balanced diet. And take a proactive approach to support your immunity by supplementing with a premium, research-based probiotic!
Genestra Brands supplements support individualized treatment plans with more than 350 professional-grade products in a variety of formats. Our products are backed by clinical or traditional evidence and have been proven safe, effective and reliable for 30+ years.